RSD 2020 – DROP3 AT FINGERPRINTS – SATURDAY OCT 24TH
Hot on the heels of a second successful Drop, we are excited to welcome you to the final RSD Drop of 2020 (RSD Black Friday to follow). Once again, note that there are 2 sections to the list, the top are the new Drop3 titles and the bottom features a selection of on-hand/restocked titles from Drop1, Drop2, mixed with some international and unofficial RSD releases.
We are pleased to say that the feedback was overwhelmingly positive from Drop2, so if this is your first time making a wishlist, rest assured that it has worked for more than a thousand music fans so far. In Drop2, as with Drop1, 95% of people that submitted a wishlist got at least some of the items they requested.
The only minor tweak we are making for Drop3 is a further refinement of the wishlist confirmation system – look for incoming email to come from email@example.com (if you add that to your address book our emails are more likely to make your inbox than spam folder, but remember to check both).
We’ve done our best to give a thumbnail description of each release, but for more information check out the full RSD list for all the details of both Drop2 and the upcoming Drop3:
For those just joining us, our approach to this new world ordering is to first address health and safety concerns, followed by finding a system to ensure that titles are distributed fairly. We think we’ve accomplished this and are excited about this new system, even if, like you, we are looking forward to getting back to the live bands and focusing on our community.
FIVE IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
1. If you put it on your request list, and we can fill it, you are committing to take the FULL order or FORFEIT it. We won’t be able to make adjustments once an order has been packed.
2. As always, there is a limit of ONE COPY OF EACH ITEM PER PERSON.
3. If you submit a request for any item more than once, THEY WILL CANCEL OUT and you will receive no copies. If, after you complete a request, you’d like to add additional items, you can submit them in a second wishlist, but please only include the additional items in the second request.
4. There will be NO RSD PRODUCT AVAILABLE TO SHOP IN THE STORE. Any remaining stock will go live on our website on Saturday morning at 10am, with unclaimed wishlist items to follow Monday October 26th (likely in the late afternoon).
5. Fulfilled wishlist are for IN-STORE PICK UP ONLY. If you’re out of the area, or missed the wishlist deadline please check the site on Saturday and Monday for updated stock drops.
Enough talk, commence your wishlisting…Make Your RSD Drop3 Requests For October 24
Requests must be submitted by 4pm on Wednesday, October 21st.**
After we have everyone’s requests, we’re going to mix them up and put your list “in line”!
Go to the Fingerprints Instagram on Friday October 23rd to see the mix in action.
Once we have established our ‘line’, we will start fulfilling wishes. On Record Store Day, as close to 5am as possible, we will send you a note to let you know the time window to pick up your goodies and if there are items we couldn’t fill. You will pay when you pick up, but remember you you have committed to take as much of your order as we we were able to fill. We’ll be taking credit cards, PayPal, Venmo, and if needed, cash.
We will send you an email 5am on RSD to let you know which items we were not able to fill, hopefully giving you enough notice to hit another store to complete your wishlist.
We have done our best to make this as easy and user-friendly as possible, while working within RSD’s rules, and being very serious about minimizing everyone’s exposure and risks. We want to make sure RSD is great for everyone by distributing these audio goodies in a manner that’s as fair as possible.
If you’re looking to spend your RSD with a socially-distanced in-person shopping experience, we will open at 10am for a big (non-RSD) sale both Saturday and Sunday. Again, please note there will not be any RSD product available to shop in the store on Saturday or Sunday, RSD titles will only be available for wishlist pickups. If you’re out of the area, or missed the wishlist deadline please check fingerprintsmusic.com on Saturday morning and Monday afternoon for updated online stock drops.
We will once again be working with local partners via offers and coupons in your RSD bag and encourage you to continue supporting those that make Long Beach great.
Okay, thank you again for your patience while we continue to fine tune. We look forward to seeing all your wishes, and to seeing you on Record Store Day Drop3.